Friday, November 11, 2011

Sense & Sensibility



http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2551225369/

Are you stoked, faithful disciples? Hell, I know I am. I have been tripping on this trailer for months now, and on the previous ones in the months before that. At long last I finally turned into a frenzied speedfreak, suffering the unimaginable agony of anaphylactic shock when I was removed from my computer screen and thus robbed of my daily desideratum of hyper-stylized violence, sexualized divinity and frenetic action. Violence is good, kids! It's what myths teach us! And this is just the previews.... I actually don't dare go to the cinema, for fear that I will collapse in downright astonishment before the entirety of this flick, like poor Semele being incinerated by the sight of the full glory of Zeus' godhood.

"Jupiter & Semele" by Gustave Moreau (1894/5)

However, I deeply dislike the "From the producers of 300"-tag to lure the unwitting, televized masses raised on a steady diet of hamburgers, coca-cola, Rihanna and JK Rowling to the theaters. Not you, trusty followers! Never you. But 300 this film ain't. Director Tarsem Singh really impressed me with his previous outing The Fall (2006), and with The Cell (2000) before that, though I have to admit that the latter one was a bit too disturbing for my fragile senses at times. Anyhow, check out The Fall for some stunning cinematography, and while you're at it check out Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain (2006) as well. Why? Because I said so. "But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin." (Romans 14:22-23) Like not reading this blog. Thanks Paul, buddy, for clearing that up. Now go out and sin no more.

Until the next........

No comments:

Post a Comment