Thursday, July 7, 2011

Interlude


We’re gonna keep on going like a freight train running at Mach 5 (which is hypersonic speed, of course) through the abandoned wastes of humanity’s once great condition, where now the inevitable decline of brazen lethargy and rampant overpopulation have set in to which also you, dear reader, generously contribute. So for God’s sake, SAVE YOURSELF! Fixate those dilating pupils at least one hour daily on this hallowed websegment while sitting in the Lotus position and reciting the Mahabharata backwards in the original Sanskrit, in order to avoid the pitch black darkness of asinine oblivion that is more commonly known as life. Here you will occupy and train the occipital lobes of your incommensurate brain so that eventually you will reach the sweet, joyful rapture of enlightenment and will move on to the higher planes of existence where pregnant dolphins launch giant skippy balls at helpless Zionists and headless swans recite Psalms to each other. But there is some ways to go just yet before that happens, grasshopper!

I’ve had a full plate these last few months, and there is a lot of stuff that I should educate you on, especially because the penetrating stink of your incompetence is almost rendering my deft, graceful fingers inert. I’m tempted to tell you about the mythical side of Venice, which I explored just last week, even more so because I also read Peter Ackroyd’s Venice: Pure City before I went. Now, Ackroyd is a very good writer, but he lacks in the synoptic department and is kind of incoherent at times. Needless to say, you should not concern yourself with his inadequate prose, as my blog exists to bring you all wisdom and all literacy, all the time (packed in a stylish overcoat of erudition and omniscience, if I may say so myself) and it is therefore not necessary to consult other sources. Anyway, it wasn’t difficult to experience the glorious transcendence of the Venetian experience despite the endless drones of overweight Germans stamping around, but I will leave that story for another time because I recently received an actual request, devout subscribers!

It has been brought to my attention that there still remains a widespread ignorance on the 15th century Italian philosopher and mystic Giovanni Pico della Mirandola (1463-1494)! Oh, lament of indignation! Sorrow of boundless insufficiency! I will rectify this situation over the coming weeks! You see, I was fortunate enough to attend and present at a conference on inspired creativity and numinous experience last May at the University of Canterbury, Kent (http://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/researchcentres/myth/events/daimonic/cfp.html) and I wrote a paper on my man Pico for that, which I am going to share with you in a move of incomparable goodness! So rest assured, loyal disciples, the spirit of truth will not cease to inform you in the near future! In my own humble opinion, I think that I wrote this paper in clear enough language, but we will see about that shortly, won’t we?

So check back soon for the blazing start! And stop drooling at your keyboard, please.....it’s making me shy.

Ave!

No comments:

Post a Comment